EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Post 9

Ms. Cassidy's Class

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class (4:56) Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 1 (14:37) Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 2 (4:55) Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 3 (12:46)

Ms. Cassidy's teaching mentality is some what of what I hope mine will be one day. Technology is continually growing and getting better in most cases. This use of blogging will make it much easier not only on the teacher but also for the parents. This makes keeping up with their students process virtually at their fingertips with online grade books and also calenders. Although I will probably not get to use this first hand with children with special needs, I really do like that she also wants to teach the students to use the internet in a safe way. She is very precautious as to what her students search for and look up. I foresee equipping children with special with a skill set to accurately judge truthful and untruthful information/websites appropriately. This will also help them filter information and form their own opinions instead of using someone else's.

When I first started this class I looked at implementing technology as a real challenge in my particular field of study. However, Ms. Cassidy has inspired me view utilizing technology as a growth opportunity for my future students and classroom.

2 comments:

  1. But special needs children will benefit greatly from the use of tablets, computers, and other special technological devices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post! Make sure your re-read what you wrote before you post, I noticed some errors in your words.

    ReplyDelete