EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog #1

At the beginning of the semester I was a bit skeptical about taking EDM310. I knew it was required, but by no means was I looking forward to it. I have heard a few different things about it being hard but also quite interesting. I've also heard there are many projects and not enough time in the week to accomplish them all. Not to mention, on average about 40% of the students drop the class before mid terms. In the first class meeting I was told that I have to set aside 9 hours to complete the weekly tasks. I must admit I am a bit nervous trying to figure out how I am going to focus on 1 class for 9 hours a week. I am fearful I am not going to achieve this on a weekly basis. EDM310 is not like any other class I have ever taken in the past. With that being said, I am excited to learn new things that I am sure will help me as a teacher in the future. I think if I stay focused and optimistic over the course of the semester I will learn a lot and do well in the class. I am extremely nervous yet excited to see what the rest of the semester holds.

2 comments:

  1. Do not let that 40% of the students drop the class before midterm scare you. I think we just manage the time and get work done on time, we will be okay and learn many excited things in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think if I stay focused and optimistic over the course of the semester I will learn a lot and do well in the class." And I think you are right about this!

    ReplyDelete